Paytm gaming platform Gamepind named FirstGames

Paytm’s gaming platform gets a new name

Paytm has change the name of its gaming platform Gamepind to FirstGames.

The gaming platform, a joint venture between Paytm and Alibaba Group-owned AGTech Holdings Ltd, has reportedly garnered over 30 million registered users since its launch in February last year.

Paytm enjoys the major 55% stake in the venture with the remaining 45% being held by AGTch Media.

The large portfolio of games and entertainment content like Pass The Bomb, Jungle Adventure, Spin The Wheel, Fly Safe, Brick Plunge, Zoo Run, Grumpy Gorilla, and other contests like The Ultimate Trivia Quiz, 10/10, Easy Win, Cricket Quiz, GK Quiz, Tollywood Quiz, Physical Goods Quizzes allow the users win Paytm cash, movie tickets, flight tickets and other goodies.

With over 300 games and quizzes for gaming enthusiasts, the company is clocking a run rate Gross Merchandise Volume (GMV) of Rs 20 crore monthly, business daily Economic Times has reported.

Gamepind, now FirstGames, had also launched a fantasy cricket game, Paytm First Captains, in May with an aim to attract more than a million gamers during the ICC World Cup 2019 in England and Wales.

The company also aims to clock a GMV of $4-$5 million during the World Cup.

Paytm’s parent company, One97 Communications Ltd and AGTech Holdings Ltd had last year infused $16 million into the platform.


LEAVE A REPLY